Sunday, September 23, 2007

Race for a Cure

Fall is in the air and what better way to celebrate that by running for a good cause! That's right, Race for a Cure. Last year, I had the privelage to walk the race with my mom and Auntie Nora. We had such a blast, I knew for sure I wanted to do it again. But this year, since I am in California, I couldn't walk with the Sisters in Pink team. All the girls at my work had been interested a while ago so I made sure to join the Gettys Girls.

I joined six other girls from work and we decided we were going to run it. So I pulled out my running shoes and started my training, which was last week. I think I ran once. =) The day of the race, we all showed up in our matching tank tops and socks and were ready to go!



We all spread out and ran at our own pace. We had a Boston Marathoner with us who finished in 24 minutes and then a few walkers that came in at around 42 minutes. I was right in the middle with my good friend Jolene at 32:45. Pretty good but I look forward to improving that time next year!

GO PINK!

No comments: